About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Tuesday 12 May 2009

My Last Day Of Work.

William Faulkner said---

"One of the saddest things is that the only thing that a man can do for eight hours a day, day after day, is work. You can't eat eight hours a day nor drink for eight hours a day nor make love for eight hours-all you can do for eight hours is work."

Well today was my last day at work-that's it. After forty four years and six months I have finished. No more having to get up at silly o'clock or working till the midnight hour. No more having to listen to the same old idea's hashed up and spouted in management speak as if it was something new and exciting.

I think that William Faulkner was wrong.

I can ride a bike for eight hours a day. Day in and day out. (I will in June when we cycle to Spain)
I can walk for eight hours a day. ( As I have done whilst backpacking and I will again on future trips).

From now and on into the future I intend to prove William Faulkner wrong, over and over again.

One last thought for those of you still locked into the daily grind--

When a man tells you that he got rich through hard work, ask him 'Whose?'

No comments:

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...