About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Tuesday 2 March 2010

GETTING OUT ON THE BIKE.

These past few days I have been managing to get out on the bike every day.
Today I thought that I would take a ride down to the Studland ferry slipway. What a good day it was too. Not too cold - dry under the wheels and a nice bright sun- I even rode with my sunglasses on. I chose not to take the ferry across to Studland but continued back in a big loop. Whilst I was down at the slipway both the Britanny Ferry went past and the Studland Ferry came in full of vehicles saving themselves the 25 mile return road route to and from Swanage and Corfe. Sometime within the next couple of weeks I might manage to get out on a ride with some of the team members across the Purbecks. The Studland Ferry is the quickest way for me to leave the urban environs of Bournemouth and Poole behind as once across you are cycling out in the country. If I cycle north-west or east I have between 8 and 12 miles of urban -vehicle infested roads to travel on before I get out into a country environment.
I won't bore you with download details from the Garmin at this stage- suffice it to say that the figures I am managing seem quite good considering the hospital treatment that I am on and the 5 month cycling layoff that I have had to endure.


No comments:

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...