About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Wednesday 27 October 2010

NICE DAY FOR A WALK.

ALONG THE LANES
ONE OF MANY DEVON TRACTORS
WINKLEIGH CHURCH
THE WAY BACK TO WHERE WE STARTED FROM
Yesterday the weather was rubbish for walking. I have never really enjoyed walking in the rain much and yesterday it was 'Devon grade A'rain.- that means very very heavy. I did do some walking but it was certainly too wet to take any photographs- just not enough light.
Now before anyone accuses me of being a 'fair weather' walker I would like to point out that I do walk in the rain including very heavy rain it is just that I am happy to admit that I do not get the same level of enjoyment out of it as I do when the weather is like it was today.

Yes, today was a nice day for a walk.I set off along the Devon lanes with the sun shining and the birds singing and all seemed right with the world. I walked past a number of farms and saw many tractors- now at their place of work and not parked 'on the drive'. I visited a couple of churches in order to take some photographs of which Winkleigh village church was the most interesting.
On the return journey I followed the footpaths rather than the lanes and the sun was still shining when I got back to the village of Bow where we have been staying for a couple of nights.
I think that I managed about ten miles today which is the furthest that I have walked for a good few months. I know that it's not backpacking yet but I do think that I am slowly getting my fitness back - what with the cycling and now a bit of walking I do seem to be making some headway with it all.

Tomorrow we are heading for Annes old stomping ground on the moors above Tavistock for a few days. Anne used to spend hours on the moors taking her dogs for a walk and knows the area better than most so she is a good person to have with you for a walk on Dartmoor - saves having to bother about navigation...!

1 comment:

Linda said...

The church is beautiful , great perspective, angle, and composition!

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...