About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Sunday 24 July 2011

A FANTASTIC TOUR..!

A TOUR RIDER FROM THE PAST
Another year...and another Tour de France completed.
What a wonderful sporting event the Tour is. It never fails to deliver thrills and excitement and this year these carried right on up to the final line.

Cadel Evans proved a worthy winner (a first for Australia) - he had ridden a consistent race clawing back time where it was needed and battling through the mountain stages in classic style. His time trial around Grenoble was total cycling magic and a joy to watch. Overall a dogged and tenacious performance.

Mark Cavendish won the green jersey as well as that final stage( a first for the UK) .....to watch his team HTC all working together in order to deliver him to that springboard position was perfection.

As for the Schleck brothers....to get two brothers on that final podium is no mean feat as well as being another first.

We must not forget Thomas Voeckler either.....ten days in the yellow jersey and a truly heroic ride - his courage throughout the tour really was something to behold.

The only thing that I regret is that I now have to wait another year for what I think is the most exciting three weeks in the sporting calendar.

 SORRY FOR THE RECENT BREAK IN MY POSTINGS....I AM PLEASED TO BE BACK.

12 comments:

limom said...

Welcome back!

TrevorW�� said...

*limom
Thanks....

Jim said...

I agree! It was the best damn Tour in decades!

Jason said...

Welcome back! Yes ... An amazing, wonderful Tour. It's going to be tough waiting another year for it to return, but at least there's the Vuelta to look forward to in August!

Fernando Santos (Chana) said...

Uma Volta à França espectacular com a vitória de Cadel Evans....
Como também uma vitória de etapa para o jovem português Rui Costa...Espectacular....
Cumprimentos

TrevorW�� said...

*Once known as the badger*
You said it ..."the best damn Tour in decades!"

*Jason*
There is the Vuelta!...I will be in Southern Spain and will touch base with it near Cordoba on my ride from Gibraltar back to the UK.

Fernando Santos (Chana)
Thanks for the reminder of Rui Costa's ride....so many great performances.

rlove2bike said...

I watched most of this years tour live and can say I really enjoyed it. You summed it up very nicely.

TrevorW�� said...

*rlove2bike*
Thanks for the comment.....it certainly was a great tour.

Groover said...

Still thrilled... And even though I share your sentiment that it is an entire year till the next Tour... I'm also a little bit glad I get a good night's sleep again! :-)

TrevorW�� said...

A great result for you guys in Australia....Glad you can now get some sleep.

The bike shed said...

I agree it was a good tour to watch, but (bit controversial here) don't you think it is case of a worthy winner amongst a rather average field. That happens in sport of course (politics too) - that between the real greats there is a somewhat fallow period. It's significant to me that Cadel is winning in his mid thirties and that when competing at what should have been his peak (against Armstrong, Ulrich etc) he wasn't really in the frame. Probably being harsh here - clearly he's a very fine rider - I just feel he's not competing against the strongest generation of adversaries. More of a Pat Cash than a McEnroe or a Borg if you take the analogy.

TrevorW�� said...

I've thought about your comment but I do not agree with it....judging by the various cycle blogs around the world that I follow, yours is a minority view.
Thanks all the same Mark for putting your view forward.

-Trevor

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...