About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Tuesday 20 September 2011

BACK IN THE UK...

JD and I are now back safe and sound in the UK.

The last few miles to Cherbourg were covered during a gap in the wet weather....However the wind continued and some of the gusts were really quite scary. On reflection, probably not the best of days for cycling with such dangerous winds but we both wanted to get home.

One good thing was that we managed this last section to Cherbourg without getting caught by any rain.......however - the rain did get us in the end.
With a kind of cruel irony, as we were standing in the queue to board the ferry  the sky's opened and it poured down. JD and I got pretty wet while all the smug car occupants in the queue remained warm and dry. Mind you- I bet that none of them had had a trip as exciting and memorable as we had experienced over the past four weeks.

After a break for the next week whilst I get some rest and try to re-adjust to life 'off' the road I will start to post on this blog again with a series of mini reviews of the overall ROCK2UK trip.


7 comments:

Laura said...

Welcome home! Glad you made it safely..what an adventure.

Which do you prefer, cold, windy, rain or life-sucking heat?

Sleep well.

Alan Sloman said...

That was some adventure. Not sure I could have coped with all that heat down south. Rain, any time!
Life in the old dog yet then!

jeff said...

Glad you're home safely. Looking forward to hearing more about your adventure.

John Moran said...

Well done both of you - a remarkable journey. Glad you are back safe and sound.

The bike shed said...

Fantastic achievement. Look forward to your reports

tracy w said...

That's typical...getting caught in the rain at an anti-climatical moment!

Sounds like it's been a good trip.

J_on_tour said...

Well done on completing your trip. It was the journey of a lifetime & enjoyable to read. Your rest will be well deserved. Sorry I've just read the complete omnibus version as I've been busy recently.

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...