About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Thursday 23 July 2015

Back in Devon.

Well our change of location this time finds us back in Devon....
As I mentioned in a previous post we want to be close to Anne's mother due to her current health problems....

We are now pitched up at the Acorn Farm campsite in the village of Dolton near Winkleigh in North Devon....
The entrance to our new site.
View of the pitches at Acorn Farm.
 The site is only 6 miles from the village of Petrockstowe where Anne's mother lives, so it is ideally situated for us... 
Mind you the route that you have to take to get there is along some pretty narrow lanes.... 
I wouldn't want to meet anything coming the other way if I was on my bike let alone in the car, however when we went over for a visit yesterday we met another car coming the other way and I seemed to be reversing for ages before the lane became wide enough to allow us to pass each other.....

Today the site had a very unusual 'caravan trailer' delivered...
Manufactured locally it is called a 'Barrel Top Wagon' and it has been sited here so that people can view it and possibly rent a week in it or even buy one...
Barrel Top Wagon arriving....
Reversing the wagon onto a hard standing pitch
In some ways it is similar to a traditional Gypsy style caravan, although the interior is fitted out very nicely to appeal to the current popular 'glamping' craze....

I must admit it reminds me of a large bathing machine as used by Queen Victoria...although perhaps I shouldn't say that......
Wagon all set-up next to the wardens campervan..
The campsite warden here is a retired lady by the name of Jen and she has been travelling around in her campervan for the past nine years....
She appears to be a real wealth of 'fulltiming' information and I have already gleaned a lot of good advice from her. 
I am looking forward to more chats with her about all things of interest to a grey nomad......

No comments:

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...