About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Monday 13 July 2015

Retro.......

On one of my recent rides I came across this disused petrol station.....

Disused Petrol Station.....
I can remember back in the sixties filling my car from pumps like this...... 

Sadly the glass domes with the petrol suppliers name on are long gone.....not surprising really as those items fetch good prices at motor jumbles and car boot sales these days.....

Anyway, on the day I saw these old pumps I seemed to be struggling a bit with my ride...just one of those off days.. I needed some extra fuel myself to get me going again. 
Parking the Tifosi up against one of the pumps did no good at all, although I did feel a bit better for the short rest.

Retro pumps.....Retro looking bike paint job and I am certainly a Retro rider......

5 comments:

GreenComotion said...

Hi Trevor,
What a nice find!
We used to call these places, "Petrol Bunks', for some reason.
I remember walking to one of these run by "Burma Shell" in India, with my father, to buy a Coca Cola in a bottle - made with real sugar and not HFC. This event took place may be once a year, so it is a special memory.
I owe the jogging of the memory to you and the good karma comes with it :)

Have a Beautiful Day!
Peace :)

TrevorW�� said...

*Chandra Eswaran*
Pleased that I was able to jog a good memory for you....
An interesting recollection..

RANTWICK said...

Keep it retro, baby.

Marsha said...

Love the picture in your post. The angles and colors are very interesting. Nice.

TrevorW�� said...

*RANTWICK*
I'm living in a retro world....

*Marsha*
Pleased you liked it Marsha..

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...