About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Saturday 18 July 2015

We must come back.......

It doesn't seem possible but we have been at this site for almost a full month....
One thing that both Anne and I are agreed on is that we must come back.

Obviously one of the things that has made our stay so nice has been the good weather that we have enjoyed.... some days it has been almost too hot......

The cycling in the area has been absolutely brilliant..... I am just sorry that none of my mates managed to get up here with their bikes so that they could enjoy it too....
The walking has also been good and Anne and I have enjoyed a number of really nice walks.....

We have managed to get out and visit a number of places while we have been pitched here
....places such as Bath.......
A Popular View at Bath
One of the many old streets in Bath


Another view in Bath
One of the Hire Bike stations in Bath
 Anne liked it a lot and she went back on a number of occasions mainly for the shops I think.......

Another place we visited was the Standing Stones at Avebury........
I have been there a number of times over the years....the last time was about twenty years ago...

I wish that on this visit I had done what I did twenty years ago and driven into the village, had a drink at the pub and parked the car in the pub car park..

On this latest visit we followed the tourist car park signs which was a big mistake.... a £7.00 mistake. 
This was a real rip-off and the car park was just a gravel area full of muddy potholes....not even a nice tarmac finish.......

However we still enjoyed the visit although we did overhear a number of foreign tourists complaining about the high cost of the car park....
Some of the Avebury Stones
Avebury Village Church
A view near Avebury Manor House

No comments:

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...