About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Thursday 13 August 2015

Our new pitch...

We woke up on Monday morning to lots of rain.....it continued most of the time that we were packing up our pitch at Acorn Farm.
The journey down here to Tavistock was heavy rain the whole way too.... 

Torrential rain when travelling on Devon's roads also means lots of mud - 
When we arrived here at the Tavistock C&CC site Eva the Eriba was covered in the stuff...
Luckily for us after the one hour journey the rain stopped and the sun came out...I even managed to give Eva a bit of a clean up and now she is back to her bright shiny gleaming self again.

When I booked this pitch I had asked for a quiet area of the site and that is exactly what we have.....To be honest, from our perspective I think we have the very best pitch on the site, we are tucked away in a top corner with no pitches in front of us and we are set aside from the main area making it perfect for us.....

Tuesday and Wednesday of this week the weather improved and has been bright...sunny and warm.....
Today..? Well today we have had strong winds and back to torrential rain again....but the forecast for the weekend and the early part of next week is promising to be back to good weather.....This is good news as my Daughter and family are coming down to spend a couple of nights on site with us........

On the cycling front......one of the cycling climbs listed in Simon Warrens book '100 Greatest Cycling Climbs' passes right outside the campsite. 
This is Rundlestone/Pork Hill graded in Simon's book as a 7/10. The climb is 8950m in length with a height gain of 346m and has an approx climb time of 28mins.

 I am here for a month so hopefully at some point I will have an attempt at it...
It is one of the climbs that has been used on the West country stage of The Tour of Britain in the past....

Our new pitch... [including washing :-) ]

1 comment:

GreenComotion said...

Hi Trevor,
Glad to note your pitch is somewhat secluded and it gives you some privacy also.
The way you are doing laundry is a fine way - I have done that many times in my life, that's not why it is a good way :)
Happy Travels!
Have a Wonderful Week!
Peace :)

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...