About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Thursday 3 September 2015

Dogs.......!

One of the things that has surprised us since we have been staying on the various camping sites this year, are the number of people who have dogs in their motorhome campervan or caravan.
Often it's not just one dog either...often it's two or three... 

Now having owned dogs myself in the past I can understand the desire to have one or two for their company and the selfless love they give....truly man's best friend.... but more than that..?

In practical terms keeping a dog in a campsite vehicle is fine in nice weather, but with the wet and windy weather that we have been having recently trying to dry them off after a walk and keeping them and your motorhome/caravan clean must be a bit of a problem I reckon.

However, if you are a dog fan I suppose those difficulties are outweighed by the perceived benefits of dog ownership even during the past month of August which in the UK was the wettest for a century......
It certainly didn't put off the two ladies in this motorhome who had five....yes five dogs..!!

Five dogs in a motorhome.....
 While I am on the subject of dogs....if you always thought that sheep were a bit scared of dogs think again.... well at least down here on Dartmoor....
Anne and I were out on one of our moorland walks recently and passed a small farmhouse that ran a kennel business.....
This is what we saw......
Hiya doggies...You can't touch me..!!
One of the Dartmoor sheep had wandered down to the fence of the kennel area and seemed to be deliberately annoying  the dogs.....
The sheep seemed to be saying to the dogs "Hiya doggies...You can't touch me" and of course the dogs couldn't touch the sheep as they were behind a fence......
That sheep sure had the upper hand and seemed to take delight in rubbing the dogs noses in that fact.....the dogs were going wild barking and running around while the sheep just stood there smiling at them....
Dartmoor sheep are a tough lot...!!

No comments:

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...