About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Thursday 4 February 2016

Another short break.......

Anne and I have just got back from another short break away from the site....
This time we decided to spend three days in Torbay...often called the English Riviera.
It wasn't exactly Riviera weather, it's the wrong time of year for that, but...... we did have some reasonably dry weather and the sun came out too......

Consisting of Torquay, Paignton and Brixham, Torbay is one of the premier English seaside resorts...
Apart from when I walked the South West Coast Path some years ago, it must be about thirty + years since I spent any time in the area......

Paignton is looking a bit tatty around the edges and could do with a bit of a spruce up.... 
It's probably passable on a bright hot sunny summers day, but at this time of year even with the good weather that we had during our stay, it just made me want to get out a paint pot and brush and brighten everything up.......

Torquay was looking a lot better and more effort seems to have been made to keep everything bright and smart....
All the usual shops are to be found in the town for those visitors that feel the need to spend their hard earned cash and there were a number of coffee shops and restaurants for people like me who like a coffee and cake occasionally....

As it was, our choice of coffee house was a small independent one down in the harbour area.... No Costa-Lot or other large multi national over priced coffee for us.... 

Below I have posted some images taken in and around the harbour and in my next post I will post some images from my favourite of the three towns that make up Torbay and that is Brixham.....




3 comments:

GreenComotion said...

Very distinctive place and your photos are classy.
Have a Beautiful Day, Trevor!
Peace :)

TrevorW�� said...

*Chandra@GreenComotion*;-
Thanks Chandra..Have a good day yourself.... :-)

J_on_tour said...

It's been a while since I've been there, it does look smart. Didn't think much of Paignton though either.

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...