About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Monday 25 April 2016

Time to move on......

Tomorrow Anne and I are heading back down to Devon for a couple of weeks....
We have had a really good time here in Somerset and we will certainly be coming back again sometime in the future.....

Since we have been here we have had a number of friends and family come and visit us which has made the time simply fly by..... I can't believe that it was three weeks ago today that we arrived here...

We have managed to get out walking in the area and I have been able to indulge my passion for cycling along some of the lovely quiet roads and lanes around the lovely Somerset Levels......

Of course the main reason for visiting the area was to attend the wedding of Jon Joynes who was in the 10in10 cycling team back in 2013....
Jon had asked me to be his Best Man and I was highly honoured  to accept and the wedding took place on Saturday.....

Over the years my love of cycling has allowed me to meet and make many new friends and my friendship with Jon was born out of our common interest in spinning the pedals.....

Jon's parents John & Brenda as well as other family members and friends made Anne and I very much part of their 'family' and we could not have been made more welcome.....
We have just had the most memorable weekend which makes moving on tomorrow all the more difficult.....

I would like to wish Jon & Leigh...the 'new' Mr & Mrs Joynes all the very best for their future life together.....

Below I have posted just a few shots taken during our wonderful stay here.....
Standing stones at a nearby Country Park

Out Cycling around the Somerset Levels

A nearby Manor House

Gateway to a local Apple Orchard

There were too many wonderful people at Jon's wedding to show in a photo...so here is a shot taken in the bar..

3 comments:

GreenComotion said...

Hi Trevor,
Enjoy your visit to Devon.
Are Somerset Levels flat terrain by chance?
Just curious - No, I would rather ask you than Google :)
I like your photos of the spectacular rocks and the Manor House!
Have a Happy Week ahead!
Peace :)

TrevorW�� said...

*Chandra@GreenComotion

Thanks Chandra....
Yes the Somerset Levels are indeed very flat and also at a very low level..... In fact the village of Muchelney where I took the picture of my bike and signpost was underwater with severe flooding during the 2013/14 winter....
Enjoy your upcoming week too.....

David J said...

Love those rocks and the beautiful house and street signs. I've just discovered a band who sometimes busk in that area. Their name is Phat Bollard. Great folky music with a bit of cheek thrown in. Look them up they may be playing somewhere near you. I ordered a couple of their CD's and they sent me the blooming lot! Of course I haven't met them but I reckon they're a great bunch!

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...