About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Wednesday 8 June 2016

Fuel not needed.....

The drive up from the Verwood site to our new one here near Melksham was nice and quick and straight forward...after all it was only about fifty miles....
After arriving on site we were allocated a very nice large corner pitch with a hedge on a couple of sides and with the benefit of the sun all day.....

Talking of the sun...since we have been here the weather has been great and very very warm, in fact I find it ideal cycling weather.....once on the bike and up to a nice steady speed it's amazing how cool you can remain as long as you don't stop. 
If you do stop that's when you realize how warm it actually is.....without the benefit of the breeze created by your forward momentum the heat starts to take over.... 

The cure? 
Get back on the bike and start moving again...a careful balance between effort used and speed of your forward movement..... then you start to feel cool again......


Fiona on today's ride.....Fuel not needed!!
I am still working my way around my favourite blogs following the three weeks that we were without a good broadband signal as explained in my last post.....

The weather forecast tells me that we could expect some heavy and thundery downfalls of rain over the Friday and the weekend but with a bit of luck and some forecast watching I should be able to get some more rides in around the downpours.....

2 comments:

GreenComotion said...

Oh Trevor -
These pumps are gems from the past.
I have something similar in an upcoming post, but nothing quite like these. How nice!
Glad to see your post and updates.
Have a Happy Week ahead!
Peace :)

TrevorW�� said...

*Chandra@GreenComotion*
They are great pumps aren't they Chandra.... A real blast from the past!

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...