About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Thursday 25 May 2017

All Windows on Eva Wide Open.......

Well we have now been here at Chipping Norton for three nights and three full days and the weather has been stunning from the moment that we arrived...
The weather has been so hot that Eva's windows have been opened all round and all the roof vents have been unzipped in an attempt to keep the caravan interior as cool as possible.....

I was out on the bike yesterday for a 40 mile spin around the countryside passing through some very interesting villages...
What I will say is that most of the roads locally are in a terrible state.... Potholes seem to be all over the place many of them 4 to 6 inches deep. Not the sort of thing that you want to hit at any sort of speed.
After the effort of cycling up a hill going down the hill was spoiled by having to use the brakes more than I would have liked in an attempt to avoid hitting one of the potholes..... Having already been injured in the past by hitting one hard I was not prepared to throw caution to the wind and careful descent was the order of the day....

On my return route I did come across a nice B road of about 10 miles in length that will make a good 'time trial' road... My plan tomorrow is to go out on the bike again and go back to that section of road and do a few runs in each direction... It's a good surface...undulating and no heavy traffic....
I will let you know how I get on........

Eva the Eriba with all windows open......

No comments:

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...