About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Thursday 13 July 2017

Lots to Do....

Well our stop here in Norwich is one of those places where the two weeks that we booked is proving not to be long enough as we are finding lots to do....

Starting with the important thing..... my daily ride on the bike.
I have managed to sort out a really good loop to ride out into the Norfolk countryside...
As with Suffolk I am finding some really quiet lanes and roads to enjoy....although the roads here in East Anglia are not as flat as a lot of people think they are I do miss the really stiff hills that you can find back in Devon and Dorset....

Below is a picture of my bike at Starston Church which is a village about fifteen miles south of Norwich on my daily ride.....
Starston Church about fifteen miles south of Norwich...
 Walking is good here direct from the campsite.....
There are some good walks along the river Wensum which loops around the city...
The River Wensum and part of the old city wall
 As an alternative you can head out of the city...... You can walk out to the village of Trowse where there is a very nice pub where you can enjoy a pint in a very pretty beer garden just full of flowers.....
Trowse village sign
 Apparently the pubs beer garden was a regional winner last year in a pub garden competition....
I think this was my second pint......
 I have also managed to visit some places from the past as well......
The image below is of the alleyway running between the rear gardens of the houses in the street (Marlborough Road) where my Maternal Grandparents used to live.

When I was a small child we would sometimes come to Norwich to visit my Grandparents and I can remember playing in this alleyway.....
It actually seems to be a lot more neat and tidy than I remember it when I was a kid....
The Alleyway at the back of Marlborough Road......
As I said we have found lots to do and on top of that there has been the Tour de France to watch on the TV as well....

This retirement business can be hard work......

6 comments:

anniebikes said...

Gosh, what a great time you're having exploring...love the alleys, the pint, and especially the flowers. Thanks for sharing your retirement travels. :)

TrevorW�� said...

*anniebikes*
Thank you for dropping by at the blog and your nice comments Annie.....

Dave said...

Yes there is lots to do in Norwich and a city walk from the T I. Centre is well worth it. We were there earlier this year and thoroughly enjoyed it.

TrevorW�� said...

*Dave*
Yes it is a 'Fine City' as all the road signs tell us :-)
Norwich figured in my life a lot up until my daughter was born....As well as my Grandparents my parents also lived here for a good few years so I spent many a holiday as well as lot's of Christmas holidays here.... It has been great to come back after all these years....

GreenComotion said...

What a charming place.
Glad we could all see it through your blog.
I love the river view and the old charms of the village/town.
You have earned your 2nd pint.
Cheers, Trevor!
Have a Happy Day!!
Peace :)

TrevorW�� said...

*GreenComotion*
We'll worth a visit if you ever get the chance Chandra...

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...