About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Thursday 29 January 2015

Eva....The collection..

Today Anne and I collected Eva the Eriba....
The plan was that we would pick up the van and take her over to my daughters house and store her there for the next couple of months....
My daughter has more usable space and a better shaped drive for storing a caravan than we have over here at Purple Towers and as my daughter lives only about ten miles from us it seemed a pretty solid idea...


Our first sight of Eva
Jason at Automotive Leisure gave us a thorough introduction to the caravan showing us all the things that we needed to know before we could take her out of the showroom...
This process took more than an hour and I must admit that by the time we had finished I had probably forgotten as much as I had remembered...


Heading out through the sliding doors
Eventually it was time to head out for the very first time....
I felt a little apprehensive as it must have been over sixteen years since I had last towed a caravan......
Actually towing the caravan didn't seem too bad at all and in no time we arrived at my daughters house....
I will post some of the arrival photos in my next post......

Moving off..

5 comments:

David J said...

Fantastic! Good luck reversing it. Nothing like practical experience to learn how everything works.

GreenComotion said...

Hi Trevor!
Congrats on the new addition!
Eva looks very nice and spacious, especially after your donations :)
I am happy to note you can haul it using a Honda CRV.
Reversing, like my good mate David says, can be tricky. I have had my share of learning on the spot with UHAUL trailers.
But, am sure all will be fine.
Have a Beautiful Day!
Peace :)

Steve A said...

When does Eva get painted purple?

limom said...

awesome!

TrevorW�� said...

*David J* & *Chandra*
I've got the reversing all sorted Guys.
I had a motor mover fitted which means I can manoeuvre it with a small handset just like a radio controlled model car.

*Steve A*
Ha..Ha.. I won't quite go that far Steve, but I will be adding lots of purple things inside the van like cushions...containers...wine glasses etc.

*limom*
I have to agree with you...I think it's pretty awesome too :-)

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...