About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Thursday 22 January 2015

We've had the call.....

A view of the dealers compound.....
This morning I had a call from Jason at Automotive Leisure to let me know that Eva our Eriba is now ready for collection....
The work required to fit the extra power sockets......the motor mover.....the all important A- frame mounted bicycle rack and the other dealer items that we wanted added to the caravan has now all been completed.....

Way back before the summer last year when I ordered the van and enquired as to when we would be likely to have delivery of her from the factory in Germany, Jason informed me that it would be likely about mid to late January.
I'd say that he was pretty well spot on with his prediction......

I usually take delivery dates given by dealers for things with a pinch of salt, but I have to say I have been well pleased with the whole buying process during my dealings with Automotive Leisure so far......hopefully this will continue into my ongoing ownership of Eva....

We have arranged that Anne and I will collect Eva from AL in a weeks time...Thursday 29th January..... 
Hopefully all will go well and I will obviously be sharing some photos of the pick up with you all here at Purpletraveller...

Anne and I will probably have a bottle of Champagne to celebrate our new acquisition when we have collected her, as it represents a major step in the lead up to our upcoming adventure....,,, .


Champagne to celebrate the new acquisition...

6 comments:

Steve A said...

Now you shall find out if you have disposed of enough items!

GreenComotion said...

Congrats, Trevor.
I look forward to future posts about Eva.

Have a Beautiful Day!
Peace :)

J_on_tour said...

Sad to say that certain European countries are more reliable with timings than the one closer to home.
I can sense the excitement of adventure is starting to build.

John Romeo Alpha said...

Looking forward to photos of the A-frame bicycle rack! I'm envious of your adventures ahead.

David J said...

Great news. It looks cozy! I'm a bit excited myself. The idea of hitting the road really appeals at the moment!

TrevorW�� said...

*Steve A*
Very true Steve....

*Chandra*
Thanks Chandra.

*J_on_tour*
As you say the excitement is certainly starting to build...

*John Romeo Alpha*
I will make a point of posting a picture of the all important bike rack..

*David J*
The idea of hitting the road is something that I have always wanted to do David....

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...