About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Friday 27 March 2015

Officially Gone..!!

This is the last blog post that I will be making from Purple Towers......

Anne and I have enjoyed living here but there have been a lot of changes in the area over the past seventeen years, not all of them for the better.
In that respect it is just like any other area I suppose, over time lots of changes that can affect the very character of an area.....

It's been good living so close to the coast....very enjoyable during the spring...summer and autumn months when the weather can be glorious, not so good during the winter months when it can be pretty dismal. 
However, even during the winter months there can be some very special days ideal for a walk along the coast.... We will miss it...
View from Purple Towers - Like most places dismal in the wet.
View at the end of the road - glorious when the sun is out!
The past couple of weeks have been a round of meeting up with friends for farewell dinners and lots of coffee and cake meets as well.......
Now Anne and I are just looking forward to the adventure ahead of us.....

Lots of people have asked us what our exact plans are.....  
I don't do 'exact' but I can tell you what our broad brush plan is though....

My daughter and her husband and my two grandsons are away on holiday in the USA at the moment. 
As Eva the Eriba is currently parked on their drive we are going to house sit whilst they are away and use the time to get everything sorted out and stashed away on board...
Easter will be spent there.......
We will have a practice run at getting the awning erected....better to do it on the drive than make total idiots of ourselves at the first campsite....
Every other bit of equipment will be checked and tried out before we finally head off..

On the tenth of April we will be setting off and heading for Devon.....
We have booked a couple of sites down there and it will give us a chance to catch up with Anne's extended family who all live in the County..

We intend being there until about the end of May when we will continue with our tour.....
UK first and then later on Mainland Europe... 
Exact timings and places are all open.....
we will make it up as we go along....
in other words 'Freedom'.

It's possible we could winter in Southern Spain but again we will just see how it all pans out......
How long will we tour for before finally settling down somewhere back in Devon? 
Again it's all open with no fixed timescale.... probably when we have had enough of touring... 

My next post will be from Eva the Eriba...parked on my daughters drive :-)
I will show you some of the bits of kit connected with the Eriba including the kit for transporting my bikes......

In the meantime as far as Purple Towers is concerned, we are now 'officially gone'!!

12 comments:

John Romeo Alpha said...

Farewell, Purple Towers, hello adventure!

TrevorW�� said...

*JRA*
Very nicely put.. :-)

TexWisGirl said...

thanks for swinging by my place in texas today. :)

good luck to you on your new adventure living and traveling for a while!

GreenComotion said...

Hi Trevor,
Wish you all the very best!
Looking forward to future posts about new adventures!!

Cheers,
Chandra

Marsha said...

Enjoy! Life on the road is wonderful...

TrevorW�� said...

*TexWisGirl*
Thanks for the return visit :-) I will keep on 'swinging by'.

*Chandra Eswaran*
Thanks Chandra...Heading off on new adventures is always quite an exciting time....

*Marsha*
Thanks for the visit Marsha...I've always enjoyed travel and adventure so looking forward to whatever lies ahead...

Jay, Matt and Oscar said...

Best of luck to you both on your travels. Enjoy your new lives and thank you for being awesome neighbours.
I'm sure you'll both have a blast. What an experience!!
All the best From us here at Flat 2 :

TrevorW�� said...

*Jay, Matt & Oscar*
Thanks a lot Guys..you've been pretty awesome neighbours yourselves :-)
Sorry we didn't see you before we left but we both wish you well for the future....

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Good luck for your new adventures!

TrevorW�� said...

*Gail*
Thanks Gail...We are just taking a long route back to your home county :-) :-)

Worthing Wanderer said...

What an exciting adventure! Have a great time - I'm very jealous :)

TrevorW�� said...

*Paul Willis*
Thanks Paul... I've wanted to do it since I was in my twenties...it's only now that I'm retired that I have the time and can afford to do it....

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...