About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Sunday 26 April 2015

Wally the walker.....

I've not mentioned yet our mascot for our trip... 'Wally the Walker'.
When we left Purple Towers he was one of the things that we didn't have the heart to get rid of.

Anne bought him for me years ago.... she had seen him in a charity shop and just couldn't resist buying him...
Here he is standing guard at the entrance to our awning.....


On Guard!  Wally the Walker.

Close up of Wally.
Wally has a walking pole in his left hand and a map in his right. 
He is carrying a backpack on his back and I suspect that he has been finding some of the hot weather that we have been enjoying a bit too much with his woolly bobble hat and scarf....mind you he is woollen all over anyway :-)

I have to admit that bright green walking boots wouldn't exactly be my choice but Wally is obviously the kind of guy that likes the colour of his clothes to make a statement...
He also wants everyone to know where he comes from so carries two large union flags on the top of his backpack....

Wally the Walker will be popping up now and again throughout our journey......

Tomorrow we will be packing up and moving camp. We have been here now for seventeen days and it's been a month since we left Purple Towers..... the time seems to have flown by.
We are not going far, just a few miles north west. We are moving on to a site that I have read some very good reports about so we want to give it a visit.....

The weather has now changed...It's colder and we have had some heavy rain...
My next post will be from our new campsite.


4 comments:

GreenComotion said...

Wally is quite the guy, Trevor!
I do like the green boots.
Have a Beautiful Day!
Peace :)

Marsha said...

He's a charmer!

TrevorW�� said...

*Chandra Eswaran* *Marsha*

He's the smartest dressed walker I've seen in a long time... :-)

J_on_tour said...

It's great that you kept him, gives a bit of character to the place for you.

Nice to hear that he is going to pop up now and again in the blog, so we won't have to say those cheesy words ... "Where's Wally ?" :-)

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...