About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Wednesday 19 August 2015

Two good days....

On Monday my daughter and her husband came to spend a couple of days with us...obviously my two grandsons came too....
Despite having terrible traffic congestion on the way down, they did at least bring nice bright sunny weather with them.....

One of the most entertaining things when staying on a campsite is watching new arrivals setting up their camp....
I offered to help them with putting up the awning but my daughter told me it was all under control so I settled back in my chair and watched the proceedings unfold...as I said always good entertainment...
Anne on the other hand did something far more useful than just watching them with their awning and made them all a cup of tea and got the cakes out.....
My daughter and her husband sorting out their awning....
If you checkout the picture of them above with their awning, look at the background on the right hand side and you can just see a tiny tear drop caravan with a small porch style awning.....
This is actually towed by a Reliant Robin three-wheeler. 
I don't think that I have ever seen a tear drop caravan quite so small......
Not long and the awning was up...(Reliant Robin in the background)
 Anyway it wasn't long before they had everything set up..... 
That evening we had a game of football with the boys followed by a board game in our awning.....it was midnight before we all got to bed......

The plan for the next day was a moorland walk taking in a couple of the many Tors that are scattered all over Dartmoor....
The weather was absolutely perfect for it....

The first stage from the campsite was a climb up to the car park that sits below Cox Tour....
As luck would have it, just as we arrived at the car park the Ice cream van that is regularly there arrived from Tavistock so it was ice creams all round.....

We then headed off up to the top of Cox Tor...Having done that we headed off in the direction of Great Staple Tor where we had lunch....but not before the boys had climbed to the top for a photo....
Scrambling to the top is one thing...getting back down again can often be a bit more of a problem as they found out.....
The Lads on the top of the Tor.....
Getting back down proved harder than scrambling up
On the way back we took in Middle Staple Tor and also Little Staple Tor.....
In all it was a great fun day and everyone enjoyed themselves.

I have to admit that I was so worn out I had to have a 45 minute lie down after my evening meal in order to prepare myself for another session of game playing in the awning.....

Today they had to leave us and return home and what a change in the weather again.....
We woke up to non stop rain so it was a good thing that they had had the foresight to pack away their awning last night.....

We all had breakfast in our awning and then they headed off back home at about midday....
It hasn't stopped raining all day........

2 comments:

GreenComotion said...

Hey Trevor,
Glad you guys got to enjoy the outdoors before the rain hit!
We have had 4 consecutive days of heavy rains here - not abnormal for here.
Based on my long years of tree climbing experience as a kid, I agree- climbing down is harder :)
Have a Beautiful Day!
Peace :)

TrevorW�� said...

*GreenComotion*
Yes...we were really lucky with the weather for their visit......It hasn't stopped raining for three days now so perhaps we are catching you up :-)

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...