About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Sunday 16 August 2015

Uphill everywhere......

Well, we have been here now for almost a week and I have to say that whatever you want to do, be it walk or cycle, it's uphill everywhere....
Mind you one of the great pleasures of going up, after the view, is the coming down....
I have just seen a cyclist coming down pork hill and he must have been touching fifty miles an hour so I can't wait to have a go too.....

Anne and I have managed to do a bit of walking again and the Dartmoor countryside is a mighty fine area in which to do it....
Anne grew up in this area and knows it well so who better than to be on the moors walking with......

I've added a couple of pictures below from a recent walk as well as a snapshot view of the start of pork hill as it passes our campsite...

My Daughter and family will be arriving tomorrow for a short stay with us and we are both looking forward to seeing them all....the weather forecast is looking quite good too......

Walking up towards Cox Tor
They build substantial walls in these parts...
The lower slope of Pork Hill as it passes our campsite...

2 comments:

GreenComotion said...

Hi Trevor,
Climbing can be fun and I bet you are having fun doing your hikes.
I like the lush green in your photos.
Have a Great Time with your daughter & family!
Have a Wonderful Week!
Peace :)

TrevorW�� said...

*GreenComotion*
Devon is well known for it's lush green countryside...in fact the Devon County flag has a green background representing the lovely green of it's rural areas...
Have a good week too Chandra...

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...