About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Friday 5 May 2017

Bluebell Woods...

We have now left Dorset and are currently pitched at the C&CC site near Sells Green between Melksham and Devizes in Wiltshire....

This is our third visit to this site as we like the position of the site right next to the Kennet & Avon Canal which makes it ideal for a stroll along the towpath to the 'Barge Inn' for a pint and something to eat which is what we did today....
It's also good from the cycling point of view as I have a great 35 mile loop which I like to ride.... It goes through some lovely scenery and for the most part tends to be pretty much traffic free....

While we were at our last site we managed to get out for a number of walks but one of our favourites was through the Bluebell Woods on the Edmondsham Estate.....
These are proper English Bluebell Woods with proper English Bluebells none of those imported varieties here..... 
I have posted some images below that I took in the woods but in no way do these pictures actually do the scenes that we saw any justice and neither can they bring you the wonderful scent of the bluebells that just hung in the air......










2 comments:

Dave said...

We walked our local hills a couple of weeks back and thought that the bluebells were just going into decline but, if anything, they've had a second wind and put on a late show. I never tire of them, even when they spring up in the garden.

TrevorW�� said...

*Dave*
I'm the same Dave I just love them and their scent....

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...