About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Wednesday 27 June 2018

Trying to Catch Up......

We are currently at the Polstead C&CC site in Suffolk....
We stayed here last year for a couple of weeks and really liked the site but felt that we could have done with more time here. 
This year we have come back to spend 28 days here.... The cycling in the area is first class and with nice walks and a selection of pubs close by it has a lot going for it.....

Unfortunately I am running behind in my posts to the blog and I am trying to catch up so as we are here for a month I hope to be all up to date by the time we move on.

Following our stay at the Osiers CS near Chichester we moved on to the C&CC site at Crowborough....
Now I think that it is fair to say that there is not a lot at Crowborough but our main reason for stopping off for a couple of weeks there was to enable us to visit Royal Tunbridge Wells and also have a trip to Brighton.

I did venture out on my bike when we were there but the condition of the roads was terrible... There were pot holes everywhere and that plus narrow roads and a high volume of traffic made me decide that I wouldn't go out again on the bike during our stay....
So from then on it was walking everyday rather than cycling.......

When we visited Brighton we travelled on the bus.... I find that if I drive I tend to miss out on a lot of the views of the countryside and you can see so much more from the upper deck of a double decker bus..... also when you arrive at your destination you don't have to bother with finding a parking place......

We had a good day out in Brighton visiting the Lanes...the Pier and the Royal Pavilion...
The lanes were packed with lots of small Jewellers Shops with some very high end items for sale. 
Our visit to the pier consisted of having some lunch and a beer and watching some of the braver youngsters taking rides on some of the scary rides..... 
Years ago I might have had a go on those rides but not these days.......

After lunch we then visited the Royal Pavilion.....
It is certainly a very interesting building and Anne had been wanting to visit it for some time....
Some images taken during our visit to the Pavilion are shown below.....






4 comments:

Dave said...

Brighton a good place to visit and we're due to go there again.
The last time we went the Pavillion was closed so thats a good reason for going again.
We use buses and train as to get to see so much more......even though we cant use our Welsh bus passes!

TrevorW�� said...

At some point we will visit Wales as I've not been there for about ten years..as you highlight it is a pity that the Welsh and English bus passes are not interchangeable so I will have to prepare myself to put my hand in my pocket a bit more. 😊

GreenComotion said...

Hi Trevor-
The Pavilion looks very Royal indeed.
Very nice photos of the same.
Buses are a fun way to travel.
When I didn't have a car for the first 25 years or my life, parking was no problem. Just had to find a sturdy structure to lock my bicycle to :)
Cheers mate!
Happy WE!
Peace :)

TrevorW�� said...

@GreenComotion
I really enjoy travel by bus and Anne and I use buses as often as is practical... These days I can't be doing with finding parking spaces etc. As you say when using a bike parking isn't a problem either....
You have a good W/E too.....

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...