About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Sunday 29 March 2020

Major changes.....

Inside Eva the Eriba...(small space living)

A couple of weeks have passed since my last blog post.....
 During that time a lot has changed.

 Over the winter my big complaint has been that due to the weather I have been restricted to the van and not been able to get out much on the bike or even a decent walk.
 Now we have Covid 19 and all the restrictions that that has placed on us all. About 10 days ago due to my age and my medical condition I was advised to stay at home for the next 12 weeks and not go out.
 Since then restrictions for everyone have been introduced and the country is in effect in lockdown.

 Originally there was some confusion about all caravan parks and campsites having to close down.
 Our caravan park is part residential and after a few days some official clarity on the subject of closure was released that stated for those like us whose prime residence was their motorhome or caravan ( full-timers) they would be allowed to stay on sites.

 We have now resigned ourselves to the possibility of being here right round to next spring.
 If the situation is over by the summer then that will be a plus but if it isn't over by then at least we will be prepared for the long haul anyway......

 According to Anne who has had to go out a couple of times for food shopping the police have been stopping people in nearby Yelverton checking people's movements and turning people back if it is felt that their reasons for being out are not deemed essential....

  For our exercise there is a 40 minute circular walk that we can do that follows a country lane and on which we have not met anyone at all. I also have my bike fixed on a turbo which I use with online training programmes ( see the image below).
So currently we are ticking along ok... Not really what we had planned for this year but that is the same for everyone in the UK and most of the world right now....

4 comments:

DUTA said...

Yes, not easy times. I I was also advised to stay home as I'm in the risk age group. I get free meals and the possibility to have my groceries supplied by a volunteer. That helps making restrictions lighter.
Stay well and safe!

TrevorW�� said...

@Duta
As you say Duta...not easy times.
You keep well too...

Dave said...

On the upside you know that you are able to stay on the site for the duration. But this confinement is not easy for people who like to get out and about but it has to be done. You can still go for a bike ride as part of your daily exercise. I do, not a long ride, and use the roads as they are quiet now. It will be a long haul I think, but then on the other hand I wonder if its sustainable, we'll see. All the best and stay safe.

TrevorW�� said...

@Dave
Currently I am happy to ride the turbo using online training programmes as my fitness level is so low having been confined to the van for most of the winter. At some point I will get back out on the road but I want to be a bit fitter before I do as the terrain where we are is a bit challenging.
I have to say that we are having to isolate in a lovely countryside setting with wonderful views across the Tamar valley to Cornwall. If you have to be stuck somewhere then this is a good place to be ...

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...