About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Monday 2 August 2021

Taking the Risk....

 



I mentioned in my last blog post the choice that I had to make regarding surgery for one of my cancers.... The thyroid cancer.

Well after lots of visits to different departments at the Plymouth Derriford hospital I finally made the decision to accept the risks and go ahead with the surgery. I really felt that I didn't have any other choice. 

The date has now been set for the surgery to take place on Friday 13th August. It's a good job that I am not superstitious as the date wouldn't fill a lot of people with optimism. 

On the assumption that I survive the surgery the chemotherapy for my blood and bone cancers is likely to start again in early September. 

4 comments:

Dave said...

It's Hobson's choice Trevor, so all the very best and I will think about you on the 13th. I start my radiotherapy and chemo in about 3 weeks time.

TrevorW�� said...

Thanks Dave..... We are on a similar journey and my thoughts are with you too....Live in the moment and take each day as it comes....

Colin H said...

Just read your blog and wish you all the very best

TrevorW�� said...

@ Colin H
Thanks Colin... Looks like our planned meet-up will have to be postponed....

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...