About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Thursday 21 May 2015

Settled in at Sixpence Handley

We are now fully installed at our new location.
We have got a nice corner pitch on one of the quieter fields on the site. This is a good thing as this coming weekend the local group of the camping and caravan club has a three day country and western event taking place here in a huge marquee on the rally field.
Talking of large tents.... yesterday Peter Calcutt, one of my friends from the Backpackers Club popped over and spent the day with us..... while he was here he helped us put up the awning....it all went pretty well, not surprising really with a nice secluded corner pitch with plenty of high hedges offering wind protection and three of us working on it. Mind you even Peter mentioned that it was a lot of work getting the structure up.
As I told you in my previous post the internet is not good at this site... I'm aware that the location indicator on my map doesn't appear to have moved. Unfortunately I won't be able to correct it till I get a better internet connection and can use my computer. I have made this post using my old phone as I have a blogger app on it......my newer phone doesn't have a blogger app and I can't find one that will work on it...
Hope to post another update soon...


4 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds to me like an excellent excuse to get to a good local coffee shop with Wi-Fi. And moving has done the trick! Sun appeared at Mickleover!!

Dave said...

I've camped here a few years ago, from what I remember there was a nice local pub.

TrevorW�� said...

*Peter Roberts*
Pleased the move did the trick with the weather Peter.

*Dave*
Yes Dave..there is a pub in the village and a micro brewery. Also the site now has a bar and restaurant.

GreenComotion said...

Trevor,
What is the new phone? If I hear of an app, I will let you know.
Have a Beautiful Day!
Peace :)

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...