About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Friday 1 January 2010

FIRST TASK ON MY NEW YEAR LIST.

The entry lists for the DUNCTON SPORTIVE opened as soon as we started the New Year.
Before one minute had elapsed in 2010 I had e-mailed my entry for the sportive that takes place on Sunday May 9th.

I wanted to start the new year on a positive and optimistic note after all that has happened during 2009 and as I am currently not allowed alcohol it followed that I would not be celebrating at a party hence the late night e-mail entry.

Last year I finished this event in the bronze banding and this year I am aiming to finish in a silver position.

Before I achieve that though there is a lot of work to be done. I have not been on a (proper) bike for three months and between now and May I have eight weeks of radiotherapy and another eye operation to get through but I am determined to be there on that start line-perhaps I will see you there...!!

No comments:

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...