About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Saturday 17 April 2010

DELAY WITH THE TOURER.

I had a call from Mark at Bicycle World yesterday informing me that he had some good news and some bad news regarding my Touring bike. The good news was that all the upgrade parts had been delivered-the bad news was that when he checked over the new Mavic rims prior to building the wheels he noticed that there appeared to be a small piece of swarf floating around inside the double skin of one of the rims.

As Mark said "It would drive you round the bend with that rattling around inside." He's absolutely right of course it would drive me totally mad!!

Because the Mavic rims are double skinned there is no way that he can remove the offending item so he has had to arrange for another rim to be delivered.
The upshot of all this is that it probably won't be till next Thursday or Friday before I can now collect the bike- but I am sure that it will be well worth the delay.

No comments:

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...