About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Sunday 19 May 2013

Trusted with the Tifosi....

Bicycle World... Longham
We all have one..... a trusted local bike shop.... Apologies for the poor quality photo here, but this is a picture of my favourite LBS...

I have been using the services of Bicycle World at Longham for about the past five years. In reality they are not really 'local' for me. In fact I pass two or three other bike shops on the eight mile journey whenever I go there, but you know what it's like...you find someone who gives you a good service that you are happy with and you find yourself just going back there time and time again....

Bicycle World have supplied me with some major cycling purchases over those five years, including my Fulcrum Racing Zero wheels as well as my beloved Felt Carbon Z series bike and the Mavic Touring wheels for the Revolution. 
They have also carried out some major upgrades to both the Revolution Tourer and the Tifosi and I have always entrusted my bikes to them for preparation prior to my big cycling challenges and that is where the Tifosi is right now.....being prepped ready for the Ten Countries in Ten Days challenge that I will be starting in less than three weeks time....

I'm quite happy to carry out most average and minor jobs to the bikes, but I'm not a mechanic and it is always good to have another pair of knowledgeable eyes checkout the bikes....
On top of that I have always found the staff at Bicycle World very friendly and nothing has ever been too much trouble for them, even though I am quite a demanding customer in terms of my requirement for perfection with anything to do with my bikes.....

I am really happy to give them a little plug here on the purpletraveller blog....happy in the knowledge that the Tifosi will be better prepared for the 10in10 than I will be....!!

1 comment:

J_on_tour said...

It's great to be loyal as quality of service counts.

Although it's not quite the same thing, I was away last week to the west coast of Scotland & popped into a bike shop to see if they did hire facilities ... £15 including lock, helmet & puncture kit, no deposit & no questions asked ... I'll be back !

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...