About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Wednesday 17 June 2015

A Scarecrow Festival.....

When we visited the tourist information office the other day we picked up a leaflet declaring that there was to be a Scarecrow Festival at a nearby village.....

I was keen to go along but Anne appeared a bit uncertain about it....
When I asked her why, she told me it was because she was a bit concerned that I might be mistaken for a scarecrow and never get out of the village.....I think that she was joking, but I'm not sure.....

However on Sunday we went along to have a look.....

We hadn't been in the village for long when I got chatting to an old local guy. He told me that he had entered a scarecrow in the festival competition but had taken it down because he didn't think the others were proper traditional scarecrows.... if they had been he would have easily won the competition he reckoned.....

I must admit that he had a point....he said to me " You know what a proper scarecrow looks like don't you...of course you do." 
None of the so called scarecrows we saw looked like a traditional scarecrow but they were all interesting just the same..... A few of them seemed to follow a 'film' theme..........

I have posted images below of a few of those that we saw......


Ghostbusters....

A Burglar With His SWAG...
 This next one was one of Anne's favourites... it shows a farmer with his head down a hole looking for moles while the birds fly free overhead and the moles pop up out of holes all around him.....


The Farmer Trying To Catch Moles...

School Crossing Patrol...

No Idea What This Is...!!!
 This next one was the winner of the competition.... one with a film theme... 
This is Harry Potter with his owl in a cage sat on the bench on platform 9 3/4.....

Harry Potter
Unfortunately it was entered by the next door neighbour of the old gentleman I had been speaking to earlier, so that was a win that didn't go down very well with him.......

I can see a feud going on for weeks between them now....

This next one was my favourite....
Just in case you are unsure, the scarecrow is the one on the right.....
Anne and I are sat on the left.....I think.....or maybe not.....
Could Be Anne and I And A Scarecrow.....Or Maybe Not!!

2 comments:

GreenComotion said...

Scarecrow Festival - whoda thunk, eh, Trevor?
I love the farmer looking for moles setup.
I need a farmer like that for around here :)

Have a Wonderful Day!
Peace :)

TrevorW�� said...

*Chandra Eswaran*
Anne's brother-in-law used to spend ages looking out at his garden trying to catch the moles that were destroying his lawn.....never did manage to catch one of the little blighters though.....

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...