About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Thursday 24 September 2015

First Accompanied Ride of the Year......

Difficult to believe I know but last week I had my first ride of the year with another rider.....
There was a time when I would be out every week with another rider but obviously since Anne and I started our long term trip this has not been easy to do.....

One of the good things about spending some time back in Dorset is meeting up with friends for a drink and a natter and also the possibility of a ride out together.......
Last Sunday I met up with Peter Calcutt from the Backpackers Club for an easy day ride.....

We didn't plan anything too strenuous, just a nice steady ride taking in the town of Blandford and back to Wimborne again. 
This allowed us to have a nice chat as we rode along and catch up with each others lives......

When we arrived at Blandford we searched for a nice coffee shop and eventually found one called The Forum.... 
The problem was we couldn't seem to find anywhere outside to leave our bikes safely.... 
As we wandered around outside obviously looking like a couple of lost cycling souls, the cafe owner, who had obviously seen us, came out and invited us inside telling us that we could leave our bikes in the covered entrance where they would be safe and we could keep an eye on them.....

We had a couple of coffees and two large pieces of chocolate fridge cake.....absolutely delicious!!
I would certainly recommend The Forum....great friendly atmosphere....friendly owner and fantastic cakes and coffee.....

Almost an hour was spent in the coffee shop before we headed back.....
All in all a very enjoyable time spent out on our bikes and something that I have missed this year.....
Peter's Revolution Tourer with my Tifosi on Sunday's ride...

No comments:

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...