About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Wednesday 9 September 2015

Searching for a cross....

A few days ago we went on a walk around the Whitchurch Down area......
Anne was adamant that there was another cross there that was in direct alignment with the Windy Cross that I posted an image of in a recent post.
She told me that when she lived here years ago the cross could be seen from the crossroads on the down....

When we arrived at the crossroads we couldn't see it at all....
Crosses that have been standing for hundreds of years don't just disappear so we headed off in a westerly direction....
After walking for a short way I just caught sight of it just showing itself above some gorse bushes.......

The cross surrounded by gorse bushes
 Anne said that twenty odd years ago the cross was standing on it's own without any gorse around it at all....nowadays it is surrounded by the stuff hence the reason we could not see it from the crossroads......
A closer view of the cross
 We walked over to the cross and found a way in through the circle of bushes in order to get a couple of closer images.......
Anne couldn't believe that so much had grown up and around the cross since she lived here...
Nature just keeps on going....!!

Another view of the cross...
Moving on.....we have now moved on again...!
After 28 days on the edge of Dartmoor it was time to hit the road with Eva in tow.....

Every year the car needs a service and MOT and so do I .
I have to have various blood tests and scans etc in order to check that I am OK to keep on going for another 12 months, as I said just like the car....,
So..... we are back up in the Wimborne area to enable me to see the Doctor etc etc.....
We will stay up in this area for about a couple of months and then we are heading off to....? Well I will save telling you that in a later post......

No comments:

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...