About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Saturday 4 December 2021

Even more in the locker...


 We now have even more meds in our top locker. The longer the treatment goes on the more meds I am taking ..... 

On Friday's and Saturdays I am taking 26 tablets. We have recently altered some of the tablets by having dispersion meds to try and reduce the number I have to swallow which was becoming a bit of a problem for me. 

The weather last week was terrible with massive winds and trees being blown down in the lane that runs along outside the site.

 We got so worried that the large tree on the other side of the lane would come down across the rear of our van that we moved from our two single beds at the rear of the van and made up the double bed right of the front of the van in the hope that if the tree did come down it would just miss us right at the front. In the end the tree wasn't blown down but like a good boy scout we needed to be prepared.

 We have had snow to add to the winds as well as loads of hailstones.... The weather has not been good but is typical for life on Dartmoor. 

Health wise my mind continues to have a disconnect from my body. It's like having a permanent brain fog. I am unable to think straight and seem unable to remember how to do a lot of simple tasks. It all seems to be down to an imbalance in my bodies chemistry. Levothyroxine levels not right yet plus calcium levels not sorted... I will be glad when it's all worked out. 

I ended up not having my booster last week as the timing was wrong. It will now be the 21stDec before I can have it which will be a full six months since my last jab.... I continue to be fully isolated as I have been for months.......

4 comments:

Frank Kernow said...

We're keeping everything crossed for you Trevor & keep taking the tablet!

TrevorW�� said...

@Frank Kernow
Thanks Frank...I will try and keep swallowing the flaming things :-)

BG! said...

Here's wishing you all the best, Trevor.

It's a long road, but us outdoorsy-types are used to long roads. Your meds locker looks uncannily like mine! Top tip: don't let them give you alendronic acid - they swear by it at my local Health Authority, but it causes Mary-hell if you ever need a tooth taking out.

Good luck,
Stef

TrevorW�� said...

@BG
My monthly infusion to try and strengthen my bones IS Zoledronic Acid. In anticipation of the teeth/jaw problem I had dental work carried out prior to starting the infusions. This included the removal of two teeth.This was all done in advance to avoid the problems you highlighted and avoid the Mary-hell....
Thanks for the best wishes Stef...
Have a good Christmas...

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...