About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Saturday 11 December 2021

My last blog post for a few weeks...



 Yes this will be my last blog post for the next few weeks.

I am currently approaching the end of my current chemo cycle and then I will have a break over the Christmas period. Following that I will probably have two more chemo cycles taking me to about March. 

I am praying that after that I am lucky enough to get some kind of remission that will allow me to get some proper riding in on the bike. I have lots of cycling planned but I will need a proper full blown remission in order to allow me to do it. 

I am very aware that the cancers will get me in the end but a remission is what I have spent the last year fighting towards. Without it the past years struggle counts for nothing ....

The top image shows what the view out of the front window of the van has been like for most of the week. It seems as if it has been in permanent rain mode although we have also had hailstones and some snow. 

The next image shows the exterior of our awning which is being turned a filthy green from all the atrocious weather. Come the spring it will need a session with Fenwick's awning cleaner which will clean it up a treat. It also smells nice too.

 After using the Fenwick's it will then need a spray on waterproofing as the awning cleaner takes out the waterproof properties. Obviously I will need a remission to carry out this task. If I don't get it I can see me sitting outside giving cleaning instructions to Anne......

I will be back on the blog again hopefully in about four weeks time. I hope everyone has the best Christmas possible..........


12 comments:

Michael said...

Would be wonderful to find a post of you wheeling around the countryside again next year; fingers crossed it works out that way. Merry Christmas to you!

TrevorW�� said...

@Michael
I will be doing everything I can Michael to do just that very thing....
Have a really good Christmas...

Dave said...

All the best Trevor, I'm sure you'll get the remission as your resolve to do so is high.
I've had my op and now home, waiting on the biopsy results. At the moment sitting is painful. My recovery had a setback as I was unable to eat for 4 days.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

TrevorW�� said...

@Dave
Thanks Dave I am working on it ...
Great to hear that you have now had the op and are back home waiting for the biopsy results.Not being able to sit without pain not sounding pleasant or not being able to eat for four days..... I think of you often and wish you well.... Please keep me updated.

Frank Kernow said...

Wishing you and Anne all the best over the festive season and hope 2022 is a better year for you. Frank and Sue xx

TrevorW�� said...

@Frank Kernow
Thanks both of you.... Hoping your Christmas is pretty good too :-)
Trevor&Anne xx

Unknown said...

Hi Trevor hope you are on the mend still think of our cycling adventures together which where incredible fun hopefully you will be able to spin those pedals when the weather gets warmer. All the best my friend JD the only human being on the planet that can navigate the world with instructions on the back of a fag packet cheers mate John D

TrevorW�� said...

@John D
Thanks John.... I will be adding a new post to the blog at the end of this week to update everyone on current progress etc....
I hope to locate some good fag packets for your on going navigation....

Steve A said...

TrevorW - I look forward to good news next week!

TrevorW�� said...

@Steve A
Thanks Steve.....

Dave said...

Its good to read your comments Trevor and I too will be looking forward to your update. All the best.

TrevorW�� said...

@Dave
Thanks for your comment Dave..... I hope to make a new post this weekend ....

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...