About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Saturday 10 October 2009

Lessons in Travel - 1

It occurs to me that a little advice from others on the art of travel (and it is an art if done properly) is always welcome.

With this in mind I thought that over the forthcoming winter months I would post a few words every now and then as uttered by the wise and experienced.!!

To kick it off we have a quote on Travel Companions:-


The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.
(Henry David Thoreau)


How true that comment is......
I recall a number of backpacking trips with someone who seemed to delight in having 'another ciggarette' before taking his tent down whilst everyone else was packed and ready for the off.

One of the great pleasures of solo backpacking (or any form of solo travel) is the freedom from others.

No comments:

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...