About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Saturday 20 June 2009

ACCR DAY 14 /15


Sorry for the delay in posting to the Blog but our first day back in the UK ended suddenly when i came off my bike whilst doing about 25mph. I dont remember the accident but it appears that i hit a rut in the road losing control and being thrown about 20ft. I am now in Exeter hospital with 5 broken ribs and a broken collar bone. I should be going home tomorrow. It looks like it will be at least 6wks before i can get back on a bike. Plenty of road rash on my left side where i slid along the road. The accident happened near Budleigh Salterton shortly after crossing the Exe on the Starcross ferry. The othe members of the team came into see of earlier but they are now returning to the Bournemouth area. My long suffering Anne is now on her way and will take me home when the Doctors give the Ok. Not the end of the ride that we expected but every ride is an adventure. In a few days time i will write up a review of the ride complete with unseen photographs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Trevor its collette
sorry to here about the accident, we are all thinking off you hopefully you will be able to go home tomorrow see you in july when i will be staying for 2 whole weeks with you and aunty anne.
All our love from all your family in devon
xxxxxx

Ian Macavoy said...

I hope you are ok, Trev, take more care you old git
Ian Mac

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear ur news Trev. Hope u get on the mend soon. All thinking of u at this time. Please dont attempt to ride back holding the back of Annes car lol (and dont tell me it hasn't crossed your mind!). Take care mate.

Ron and the kids xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Trevor, so sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you'll soon be on the mend and back on the bike. Does this mean that you're gonna be an even more grumpy ol' man then??!!! From your mates in the BC, Mike & Chris Mac

stourvalewalker said...

Bad luck Trevor! all those miles you have travelled in France and Spain only to come a cropper on British roads.
I hope you make a speedy recovery and are soon back to Backpacking,its a lot safer!

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...